Jul 29, 2011

falling apart at the last minute

Of all the things that could derail my plans I didn't expect a friendship falling apart to happen at the 11th hour.

I'm now seeing if other friends want to purchase the tickets from my former travel partners. Meanwhile I have a Burner friend in LA suggesting I find a craigslist ride-share buddy to split costs with. That would leave me still camping essentially alone, without the close emotional support of friends I feel is necessary to experiencing the event.

Sorry for being somewhat glum and less entertaining than normal; I prefer to deliver bad news in a straightforward manner.

5 comments:

  1. That is a bummer about your friends backing out. Camping in Hushville you won't be alone for long. Be sure to look us up, at least to put a face to the names. Emotional support and maybe a cup of coffee. Strange and Charm Quark. We put up a mail box next to our tent trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go! Rely on yourself, and the community will be there to provide any emotional support required.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure there are still camps who are looking for new members. Seek and you'll find. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are the final weeks of preparation going? I just finished a pair of peg stilts so everyone can look up my kilt. Maybe I should try to make some stilt pants to cover them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How go the last minute prep things? Is it still coming together? We are getting our stuff in order, and will be showing up Monday afternoon sometime. Look us up.
    Strange

    ReplyDelete